Friday, January 4, 2008

Blah-di-blah-blah

I set my life up, generally, in this way where I am stressed out all the time. I can't tell if I love being stressed, or if I just love the contrast between stress times and those times right after the stress is over. In any case, it's getting way out of hand and it needs to get under control. I am going to finish law journal assignment #1 tonight, then tomorrow spend some quality time doing research for my paper, and then Sunday spend most of the day doing journal assignment #2. At this rate, I can't wait for classes to start, since then my paper will be due and I can go back to just doing reading and showing up for class. Oy!

But on the fitness stuff... My weight is sky-high right now, which is mega-depressing just because I had lost so much last semester before I started gaining it all back and then some. But I'm trying not to sweat that, just because there is nothing I can do to make it all vanish right away. Plus I'm on the old rag, so hopefully after a few days of eating right, sticking to the running schedule and drinking lots of water, I'll see a big drop.

Running is going ok, although I learned my lesson for like the millionth time about the treadmill tonight. I get so bored staring at the wall (no tv, no windows at my less-than-no-frills college gym) and it's just excruciating putting those miles in. I made it 2.5 miles (part of that walking on an incline) before my towel fell and then mysteriously the damn treadmill stopped working. Err! And it was totally warm (for winter - 35ish) and sunny today so there is no reason why I didn't just go run outside. Tomorrow I will do that instead. If there are x more miles between me and home, you better believe I'm going to keep running so that it doesn't take all day to get there. Plus there are pretty people and things to look at on the way around the park.

Eating today was almost 100% OP, with the exception of some ryvita crackers and hummus, plus a bit of a Clif bar that was left over from the other night. No drinking, for the first time in a while.

M1: kashi go-lean crunch, blueberries, coffee
M2: almonds, pear
M3: hummus & veg sandwich on sprouty bread, carrots
M4: clif builder bar
M5: bit of a clif builder bar, ryvita crackers & hummus (while cooking), baked sesame tofu, kale
M6: baked sesame tofu, kale
total calories: 1550

No comments: