Saturday, February 2, 2008

Don't Bring Me Down, Bruce

Haven't posted here for a while, because I've been wallowing in self-pity. Well, not exactly - more like wallowing in my unhealthy lifestyle.

Here is the challenge these days: trying to stay on top of school work (ha - not happening) and get in at least a couple of weekday runs every week (yeah right) and also be out dating (this is happening, and it's involving a lot of drinking, late nights and eating).

My major success has been keeping up with long Saturday runs, because I have an awesome running partner and I live really nearby to beautiful Central Park. It is so invigorating to jog by all these awesome landmarks and climb to the top of steep hills and imagine that I'm doing it surrounded by green cliffs and geysers and hot springs. I'm really determined to get there. And we're doing a half-marathon now in May so I have an intermediate goal to shoot for. So, that is going swimmingly, and I'm going to keep adding distance and do my very best to get in those all-important weekday shorter runs to keep my body accustomed to running.

Diet is not so great, largely because of (1) dates, (2) I don't feel like eating healthy food and (3) I haven't been good at getting up early, so packing lunch makes me late for class. I've been doing it anyway, but I hate being late for class - someone stole my seat the other day!

I'm going with the flow, trying not to get stressed, trying to feel in control of it all, and especially trying not to sweat the number on the scale (even though I'm doing the 3fatchicks.com Biggest Loser challenge so I have to weigh in every week and post it). Today I'm going to go for a run and then I have a date afterwards - drinks then a movie - and I'm going to come home and probably skip the party I was invited to so I can do some damn homework and get to bed at a reasonable hour. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow.

Less than 3 weeks until I go to Arizona (a school-related trip). If that's not an incentive to try and drop 10 lb so I can look cute in a tank top and jeans (and to buy a cute top or two for wearing out to a club) I just don't know what is.

No comments: